Each and every night we ask our families to turn off the television, put down the newspaper, log off the computer and invest five minutes – either during dinner or just before the youngest goes to sleep – to do these five simple steps.
1. SHARE highs and lows of the day.
2. READ and highlight a verse of scripture in your Bible. (St. John’s weekly newsletter, Life Together, as well as the weekly email makes a suggestion for a verse for each week.)
3. TALK about how the verse relates to your highs & lows.
4. PRAY for your highs and lows, for your family, and for the world.
5. BLESS one another. Make a sign of the cross on the forehead and finish off with a kiss.
Practicing THE FAITH FIVE keeps us connected to one another in our families and to God. It helps to raise stronger, healthier, happier children and adults. To learn more about THE FAITH FIVE visit the Faith Inkubator’s web site at www.faithink.com/Inkubators/f5.asp.